Dearest sisters of the moon, in the early hours of tomorrow morning (6.21am BST) we welcome in the Full Moon in Pisces. In Druidry, the September Full Moon is referred to as the Singing Moon, this is believed to be because of all the Harvest songs that would have been sung at this time of year. This Full Moon also sees us welcoming in a new month and for many people an uneasy transition back into ‘normal’ working life and children going back to school. In terms of the academic calendar, September signifies the start of a new year and this can be a nice thing to tune into as the wheel of the year is about to turn again, in just a few weeks we will be celebrating the Autumn Equinox! So, we are definitely in a state of transition in so many ways and this full moon in Pisces can help us to tune into it’s element of water and go with the flow.
Pisces is a sensitive, feminine, water sign so expect to feel fairly emotional whilst the moon is in this sign. Full moons always heighten emotions so the Pisces influence will amplify this even more. It’s definitely a time to go slow, be gentle with yourself and make sure you’ve got lots of self care lined up. Pisces is the last sign of the zodiac and therefore carries with it a depth and maturity and, if we want, an opportunity to swim down into the waters of our unconscious and retrieve soul treasures. Pisces is a deep and magical sign, ruled by the 12th House of Self-Knowing and the Unconscious and the planets Neptune and Jupiter. Jupiter is the planet of expansion and Neptune is the planet of Universal Love and elevated consciousness. These influences mean that Pisces is always asking the big questions…Who am I? Where do we come from? What’s the real meaning of human life? How can we be a conduit for the divine here on earth? Pisces is sometimes referred to as the Mystic of the Zodiac and provides us with a wonderful opportunity to tend to our spiritual life. This is perfect preparation for the upcoming New Moon in Virgo where we will be connecting to the archetype of the Priestess.
“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
“There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.”- Rumi
Emotions, dreams, spirituality, mermaids, selkies, sea witches, creativity, connection to the Divine, Soul Dreams, Sacred Contracts, The Divine Feminine, Intuition, Mysticism, Healing
Pisces is also referred to as the dreamer of the zodiac and is often accused of being away with the fairies, vague and impractical and although that might be true there’s a lot we can learn from Pisces when we understand them a little better, as they tend to be a fairly misunderstood sign. The symbol for Pisces is two fish swimming in opposite directions representing how this sign exists in two worlds – the physical world and the spiritual world. They have a wonderful connection to the dream world, the divine, the imagination and the ability to see beyond the ordinary and are deeply in tune with their feelings – this can sometimes overwhelm them. Pisces are highly creative and tend to be artists, musicians, writers, and dancers but also spiritual teachers and mystics. This full moon would be a wonderful time to let yourself dream, create and give yourself permission to feel.
The sun is in Virgo and the moon is in Pisces – this offers us a chance to look at our own balance between these worlds. Virgo is a very practical, grounded, earth sign and Pisces is a floaty, water sign but what they both have in common is the desire to have a spiritual life, to be of service and to connect with something beyond the daily grind. Virgo rules our routines and habits, an interesting question for this full moon is are our habits/routines/daily activities in line with our dreams? Or do we spend time day dreaming about what our life might look like but make no practical steps to make this happen? How could we combine the practical and discerning qualities of Virgo with Pisces freedom to dream and create?
Pour yourself a cup of something comforting, grab your journal, light a candle and play some soothing soft music. Take some deep breaths and then work your way through these journaling prompts:
– Write a list of all your dreams and goals or even better create a vision board
– On a separate page write practical steps to making this happen. For example, if you have a dream job that you’re not yet qualified to do, what steps do you need to take to get qualified?
– Ask yourself if there’s a balance between your dreaming mind and your rational mind or does one smother the other? Does rational thought stamp out the fires of creativity? Or does daydreaming keep you from bringing your dreams to fruition? What steps could you take to balance these things out? What role does fear have to play in this? If rational thought takes over is it out of fear of the unknown, not wanting to risk the safety of current circumstances? Or if you always remain in the dreaming state is that due to fear of trying and failing? Write a list of fears, be honest with yourself.
– Spiritual progress is at the heart of both Pisces and Virgo and we can use full moons and the waning moon afterwards as a time for release and forgiveness. What are you still holding onto from your past that is hindering your spiritual progress? What is standing in the way of you having an open heart?
– Due to the emotional nature of full moons and the moon being in Pisces ask yourself what your relationship is to feelings? Do you let your emotions flow freely? Or do you suppress them or berate yourself for being emotional? Ask yourself how you are feeling today. What’s your response to the answer?
– Virgo and Pisces both share the ability to trust their feelings and intuit, what’s your relationship like to your own intuition? Do you trust it and follow it? Or do you ignore it? Spend some time working with Tarot or Oracle cards and give yourself a reading. Journal about your experience.
– Write a list of all that you are grateful for since the new moon in a few weeks ago
Pisces self care
Pisces rules the feet so on the days when the moon is in Pisces it’s beneficial to take care of the feet and avoid anything that will put them under extra stress. It also reminds us to have our feet on the ground and to be present which we definitely need reminding of on Pisces days. Try and make some time to go outside and place your bare feet on the earth and take some deep breaths. Then play around with wiggling your toes, rising up on the balls of the feet and lowering back down and then one by one rotating your ankles. You could even do fascia ball rolling for the feet, this is a lovely treat for the fascia on the underside of the foot but also benefits the entire back line of the body – it’s also a great stress buster!
PISCES FOOT BATH
Treat your feet to an aromatherapy foot bath. Here’s our Pisces full moon foot bath recipe for you to enjoy:
Dead sea salts
Dried lavender flowers
Bergamot essential oil – 2 drops
Cedarwood essential oil – 1 drop
Geranium essential oil – 1 drop
Lavender essential oil – 2 drops
*Not suitable during pregnancy
EMOTIONAL HEALING BODY OIL
This body oil recipe is to help you navigate the heightened emotions of both the full moon and the Pisces energy. This would be lovely applied to the feet before bed or to the heart space.
Choose a base oil such as coconut oil, almond oil or apricot kernel oil. This recipe is for a 25ml bottle, if you want to make a larger bottle just increase the ratio:
25ml base oil of your choice
Wild Orange essential oil – 2 drops
Bergamot essential oil – 5 drops
Cypress essential oil -n 3 drops
Frankincense essential oil – 2 drops
*Not suitable during pregnancy or if going out in the sun.
Pour into an amber or dark blue glass bottle or jar and store in a cool, dark place.
YOGA FOR THE HIPS
Due to the emotional nature of this time, we’d recommend a gentle yoga practice such as gentle Hatha, Yin or Restorative Yoga with a focus on the hips. The hips are where we tend to store our emotions, releasing this part of the body along with the emotions you’ve been gripping onto will leave you feeling nourished and balanced. This will also help to bring balance to the Sacral Chakra which is connected to Pisces because of it being a water sign.
- Mother Mary
- Morgan Le Fay
- Mami Wata
As mentioned in the introduction, Pisces are often artists, musicians and dancers – what better way to connect to your inner Pisces than to put some music on and have a good dance. Movement practices on or around a full moon can really help us to navigate the intense energies that are so often at play. Here’s a playlist we’ve created for the Pisces Moon. Hope you enjoy:
Full Moon Circle
If you would like to connect with this full moon in a group, don’t forget that you can join us for our monthly full moon circle. We are gathering tomorrow night at 7pm(bst) and will be connecting with Morgan Le Fay. You can join by either joining our Patreon platform here: https://www.patreon.com/sistersofthemoon or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to drop-in in to circle by paying a drop-in fee.