Amethyst is the stone of Wisdom. It facilitates purification, divine connection, and provides spiritual protection.
Amethyst stimulates the Crown, Third Eye, and etheric chakras, making it an excellent stone for meditation and divination. Lightworkers, Priestesses and healers all can benefit from the high frequency energy this gemstone emits. Placing an Amethyst geode in your home, meditation room, or healing center clears the space of negativity and is said to provide a “bubble of Light” that leaves you feeling protected and surrounded with high, sweet energy.
The mind, intuition, and psychic abilities are all enhanced with amethyst, but what truly makes it a Wisdom Goddess stone is the properties of understanding and discernment that amethyst facilitates. Working with amethyst brings awareness and knowing of root causes of negative patterns, addictive behaviors, and disease. Within deep spiritual work, amethyst may also be used for karmic clearing.
Goddesses for Amethyst:
- Sophia – Gnostic Goddess of Wisdom
- Saraswati – Hindu Goddess of Wisdom and Knowledge
- Ma’at – Egyptian Goddess of Balance and Order
- Metis – Daughter of Gaia and Greek Goddess of Wisdom
- Shakti – Hindu Feminine Force of the Universe
- Isis – Egyptian Goddess of Magic and Mysticism
- Zoryas – Slavic Protectress Goddesses of the Cosmos
- The Fates – Greek Goddesses of Destiny
The brilliant purple of amethyst stones can fade when the crystal is placed in direct sunlight. It is advised you cleanse this crystal by sitting it a dish of salt, or placing under running water for a minute or two.
Carnelian is a stone of creativity, fertility, courage, confidence, actualization, and passion. Use carnelian to emotionally integrate past challenges, release your emotional attachment to them. Keeping Carnelian close assists in creative endeavors, bringing projects to fruition, and can even stabilize energy in your home. Meditate with Carnelian to banish sorrow.
Goddesses of Carnelian:
- Ix Chel – Mayan Moon Goddess
- Lalita – Hindu Goddess of the Heart and Playfulness
- Sarasvati – Hindu Goddess of Creativity
- Ishtar – Sumerian Goddess of Love and War
- Hathor – Egyptian Goddess of Passion and Sensuality
- Sekhmet – Egyptian Goddess of Power and Healing
- Love and Sexuality Goddesses
- Fire & Warrior Goddesses
- Egyptian Goddesses tend to like Carnelian
As a stone of action, Carnelian can give you a boost, increase your auric force (your life force), and stimulate your motivation. Be directed, be assertive, and use Carnelian to lend strength in achieving your goals. Carnelian also naturally cleanses other stones that it is near. I like to re-charge my Carnelian by gently rinsing it or smudging it and allowing it to rest in the sun.
Garnet is the Stone of Awakening and its fiery nature activates the Kundalini.
Garnet is the activation of life force and inner fire: it is connected to the blood, and is especially potent when used to access Women’s Mysteries and to carry for self-empowerment. It also assists in clearing negative energy from the chakras that is preventing you from honoring yourself.
- Aphrodite, Greek Goddess of Passion
- Chantico , Aztec Goddess of Hearth and Pleasure
- Hestia, Roman Goddess of Hearth and Home
- Kali Ma, Hindu Goddess of Time and Liberation
- Lakshmi , Hindu Goddess of Abundance
- Lalita Devi – Hindu Goddess of Desire
- Mary Magdalene, Gnostic Goddess of Beloved Connection
- Oya, Yoruban Goddess of Storms and Women
- Pele, Hawaiian Goddess of Transformation and Fire
- Persephone, Greek Goddess of Spring and the Underworld
- Athena – Greek Goddess of War and Strategy
- Holda – Germanic Supreme Goddess
As a gemstone of the root chakra, Garnet is a stone of “adulting”; it helps you to create a foundation of grounding and financial security all while removing worry, stress, and fear. It supports the need to set boundaries, and places you in an energetic space of protection and wise decision making. Garnet also creates an understanding of abundance and prosperity, and attracts the things you need in order to build a safe and loving home.
Speaking of attraction, are you looking for a boost of your passion and love? Garnet is one of the most powerful stones for attraction. Its energy can be used to call in a new lover, enhance current relationships with new passion and interest, and connect you with your sensual, sexual self.
Selenite is a stone that aligns you with Divine consciousness and is a potent connector to Lunar Goddesses. It is named for Selene, Greek Goddess of the Moon. By meditating with Selenite and sleeping with it close to you, you may access the inherent woman wisdom and knowledge of Luna. When meditating, you may place your Selenite at your crown chakra and allow it to infuse and balance you, especially when feeling unbalanced emotionally.
- Selene – Greek Goddess of the Moon
- Mawu – African Moon Goddess
- Ix Chel – Mayan Moon Goddess
- All Moon Goddesses
Selenite removes negative and stagnant energy from magickal tools and gemstones. It never needs to be cleansed, as it transforms and transmutes negative energy. Simply set your crystal on top of or next to a piece of selenite, and leave overnight.
I have found that my Selenite does like to soak up the rays of the Full Moon and I do this for a super-charge at the Full Moon. Selenite is a fragile, water-soluble crystal. Using water with it or leaving it exposed outdoors is not recommended.
Blue Aragonite Crystals are a light blue with darker blue (navy) specks.
Blue Aragonite Crystals are beautiful. The color evokes the clearest blues of the Caribbean which is very apropos for Yemaya and other Goddesses of the ocean!
The crystalline structure of Aragonite stores the vibrations of the sea and gives you access to the depths of oceanic wisdom. For those seeking more discipline in their spiritual practices, Aragonite can also help give focus for that purpose.
Goddesses of Blue Aragonite:
- Yemaya – Orisha Goddess of the Ocean
- Olokun – Orisha Goddess of Primordial Waters
- Oshun – Orisha Goddess of Beauty and Sweet Waters
- Mami Wata – African Goddess of Waters
- Sulis – Celtic Goddess of Healing
- Mother Mary – as Stella Maris
It is a stone that encourages clairaudience while also assisting you in finding your center and the answers within your own mind.
Aragonite also has significant calcium content which bring healing energy to those with diseases and health challenges.
Recommended Sources for Crystal and Gemstone Meanings:
Properties of the Mineral Kingdom by Melody
Stones of the Goddess by Nicholas Pearson
The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach by Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsiah
The Complete Crystal Bible: 500 Crystals to Heal Your Body, Mind and Spirit by Cassandra Eason
The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall
The Essential Guide to Crystals, Minerals and Stones by Margaret Ann Lembo
I stock quite a few crystals so feel free to check with me – firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Priestess with Priestess Brandi Auset
The Sacred Well with Priestess Yeshe Matthews