Being an EMPATH means that you have a heightened clairsentience – the ability to feel the thoughts, emotions, experiences, and energies of other people. This highly sensitive state of being manifests in your personal physical and energetic space, as well as in the psychic space, which can have very real world consequences and can be very disruptive.
When your empath abilities are making you feel chaotic, disorganized, emotionally drained, or otherwise NOT GOOD, then you need to take some immediate steps to clear your energy and make this ability work for you, not against you.
The more aware that you are of your particular Empath ability (whether thoughts, emotions, energies, experiences, or all of the above), the better you can manage it. Empaths make amazing readers, healers, and spiritual channels.
ONE – AWARENESS
Be mindful. Notice when you are feeling overwhelmed, drained, invaded. For example, I avoid places with big crowds and places like casinos and concerts. It is just too much for me. What situations, people. experiences set off the negative empath feelings for you?
TWO – BOUNDARIES
Once you identify how you tune in and what may be a trigger, you can set very clear boundaries, physically, emotionally, and energetically. The news tends to be a BIG trigger for many empaths. Try to stay away from the 24/7 news cycle of doom and gloom. Other tools (as listed below) will help you banish and bless as needed and give you some physical tools (like crystals) to maintain firm boundaries.
THREE – ENERGY TRAINING
I highly recommend working with a Spiritual teacher who offers metaphysical training. Let me know if you need a recommendation and I will try and help refer someone in your area. Knowing HOW to control your energy and set up shields for your protection is absolutely vital.
FOUR – BLOWING BUBBLES
Blowing Bubbles is what I call one of my favorite and basic personal protection practices. See the article here to start blowing your own bubbles!
FIVE – SACRED SPACE
Maintain good energetic and astral habits. Clear your space. Set up a safe sacred space that is gridded and calm. Use meditation and other techniques to align your energy within and without. Active meditation like walking in nature, mantra practice, and mindful physical activity is good to balance your energy and bring yourself back to center.
When releasing energy, make sure that you are replacing that space with new and uplifting energy – Banish and Bless, Release and Replace!
SIX – NO IS A COMPLETE SENTENCE
Not feeling the urge to go out? Honor your energy and your divine introversion and make NO a complete sentence.
SEVEN – MAINTAIN A HEALTHY PHYSICAL BODY
A healthy physical body, good sleep and eating habits, and keeping your body fit is the primary foundation for empaths. When you are healthy, feeling at optimal physical health, and grounded, you are stronger to deal with energetic encroachment.
EIGHT – CONNECT WITH YOUR SPIRIT GUIDES, GUARDIANS, AND ALLIES
Our Spirit Guides, Guardians, and Allies stand ready to assist us in all of our spiritual work. Connect to those that assist you in shielding and/or filtering from empathic energies. You may even have a guide or ally that is specifically for this purpose! What animal allies are around your and can assist? Spend time developing these connections.
NINE – GODDESS AS PROTECTRESS
What Goddess comes to mind when you think of protection? Having a special Goddess that works with your Guides, Guardians, and Allies can be a mega-boost to your energetic field and confidence. Working with a Goddess for this purpose is largely a personal decision. Need help finding that Goddess? Check out my Goddess Card Readings and Spiritual Mentoring programs
TEN – ESSENTIAL OILS FOR EMPATHS
Diffuse these oils, use in a ritual bath, make a personal blend, or use in a mister or spray.
Essential Oils that are the best for empaths:
- Angelica – protective energy that banishes negativity and invites positive vibrations.
- Basil – brings clarity and courage for success and courage.
- Holy Basil (aka Tulsi) – a living Goddess with powers to calm the nervous system and support the spirit.
- Cedarwood – assists in directing the will and transforming the energy of sudden situations.
- Clary sage – calms the mind and eases tension in the body.
- Frankincense – used to create sacred space and for consecration/purification.
- Geranium – bolsters strength and protection, especially in cases of nervous exhaustion.
- Grapefruit – cleanses, clarifies, and refreshes, and may assist in overcoming situational depression.
- Lavender – powerful oil for the heart to alleviate stress and nervous tension.
- Myrrh – instills deep tranquility to the mind and is a potent purification oil.
- Ylang-Ylang – calms, elevates, and stimulates the heart in a positive way.
ELEVEN – CRYSTALS FOR EMPATHS
These crystals work most effectively when carried within your auric field and may also be used in sacred spaces.
- Amethyst – at once stimulates your third eye and all protects from negative vibrations.
- Black tourmaline – very protective and helps clear spiritual, mental, and emotional anxiety.
- Black kyanite – powerful and grounding healer stone that works on the subtle bodies to keep them clear.
- Lapis lazuli – improves concentration and focus and assists in connecting to Guides, Guardians, and Allies.
- Selenite – combines earthly knowledge with spiritual wisdom and brings the energy of the Moon Goddess to you.
- Rainbow hematite – dissolves negativity and brings calmness and clarity to the mind.
TWELVE – DAILY PRACTICE
Establish a routine daily practice that includes the Blowing Bubbles exercise, meditation, banishing and blessing, and time spent connecting to Goddess, Guides, Guardians, and Allies. Be diligent in this daily practice and keep it relatively short. You can always add extra practices as needed. Sanskrit mantras are a part of my daily practice, as well as active meditation like walking or tending my altars.
THIRTEEN – EXPERIMENT
Find what works for you and create your own practice that assists in keeping you balanced. Release judgement. If you are unable to do your practice or meditation for a day or two, take a deep breath and just pick it back up.
Leave the unwanted energy behind and use your empathic abilities for YOU and to help others in powerful ways with good boundaries!
Blessings on your journey!
MotherHouse of the Goddess and MotherHouse Goddess Temple are honored to serve Goddess in all of Her aspects and provide community for devotees worldwide. Bringing Goddess to our world has never been more important. Thank you for being here and you are invited to join our free Goddess Temple events!
MotherHouse Goddess Temple is a devotional community and a living altar to Goddess in all of Her emanations. Through ritual, myth, magick, and sacred inspiration, we offer sanctuary for those seeking transformation through the Divine Feminine.
Our Patreon Page is a way to support MotherHouse Goddess Temple monthly and join our Goddess circles