Autumn is a time of reflection. The transition of the season brings us into the space of our inner realms. We ponder the harvest that is occurring now from the seeds that have been planted in the past year. The Dark Goddesses whisper invitations of descent, inner journeying, and shadow work. As Gaia divests herself of all that no longer serves, we are being asked to do the same. Look closely at what is coming to fruition and what is stagnating and needs to be released.
I will admit to loving Fall the most of any season. Magick abounds, internally and externally. Sync with the season and let your own magick fly!
Here is a peek at my Autumn Equinox/Fall Altar for 2016 …
Ways to Welcome the Magic of Autumn
- Look at signs and symbols of Autumn below and create an altar just for this season.
- Choose a Dark Goddess and create a seasonal practice for her.
- Forest Bathing (shinrin yoku) is a marvelous practice for this time of year. Wander in the woods and forest and take an offering for Goddess to leave.
- Begin a Yoga Nidra or Restorative Yoga for Fall and Winter to honor a slower pace.
- Take long walks in Nature and collect items for your Autumn altar. Visit parks and botanical gardens and glory in the transformation of Gaia.
- Join me for October Magic – free photo prompts for the month of October
- Create a Nature Mandala – use all natural and organic items, such as seeds, flowers, sticks, and stones, and food for the animals. Offer it up to Goddess in ceremony.
- Find a large branch (or many smaller branches) that you can use to create a Gratitude Tree or Thankful Tree. Write blessings, prayers, and things that make you grateful using beautiful ribbons and paper. Invite family, friends, and visitors to add their gratitude as well!
- Start a new practice or area of study that honors your shadow and light – Mystery School of the Goddess has seasonal offerings!
- Create a Red Tent and have a party for all the women that you know.
- Walk a labyrinth to embrace the cyclical nature of Goddess and the Seasonal Soul – contemplate the lessons and experiences of the year to date and how you are being called to harvest that wisdom in Autumn.
- Research your family tree and choose some ancestors to honor at Samhain.
- Roll in the leaves when they start falling!
- ‘Tis the season for apple picking and turn your harvest into pies for friends and family.
- Gather the bounty of seasonal Autumn foods and prepare a Feast.
- Participate in community events, take opportunities to give back or volunteer your time. Fall and the holiday season are wonderful times to be in service.
- Burn Shit. Autumn is the time for release – use this New Moon ritual to apply to what you need to let go of in this season and set new powerful intentions.
- Weave a gratitude garland for your Fall celebrations.
Archetype: Queen, Harvest Woman, Wild Woman, Priestess, Sorceress
Goddesses of Fall: Akibimi, Cerridwen, Changing Woman, Circe, Crow Woman, Demeter, Durga, Epona, Erishkegal, Hekate, Horae, Inanna, Isis, Kali, Macha, Maman Brigitte, Morrigan, Nepthys, Persephone, Rhiannon, The Fates
Autumn Themes: Descent of Godddess, Inner Realms, Journeywork, Dreams, Harvest, Reflection, Gatherings, Gratitude, Thanksgiving, Slow Down, Magic, Service, Ancestors, Psychic Abilities
Time of Day: Twilight
Astrological Signs: Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius
Colors: deeper colors, yellow, orange, red, garnet, purple, amber, brown, deep green
Flowers: Aster, Black-eyed Susan, Camellia, Chrysanthemum, Dahlia, Echinacea, Freesia, Gerbera, Gladiolus, Hibiscus, Iris, Junipers, Lily, Lavender, Marigold, Poppies, Some forms of Sage, Sweet Pea, Salvias, Tibouchina, Tuberose
Crystals & Gemstones: Amber, Copper, Garnet, Jasper, Blue Calcite, Orange Calcite, Record Keeper Quartz, Lapis Lazuli, Smoky Quartz, Obsidian, Rainbow Hematite, Labradorite, Rainbow Moonstone, Amethyst, River Stones (Window Quartz)
Animal Guides: Fox, Owl, Snake, Raven, Cats, Crow, Spider, Vulture, Lynx, Sea Turtle, Manatee
Practices: Psychic work and development, Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Channeling and Mediumship, Divination, Meditation, Journeywork, Community Service, Mantra, Dreamwork
Adorning Altars: Autumn Flowers, Organic Mandalas, wheat, gourds, pumpkins, acorns, sprigs of cypress and pine, leaves, candles, grains, Autumn fruits and vegetables, spirals
MotherHouse of the Goddess and MotherHouse Goddess Temple are honored to serve Goddess in all of Her aspects and provide community for devotees worldwide. Bringing Goddess to our world has never been more important. Thank you for being here and you are invited to join our free Goddess Temple events!
MotherHouse Goddess Temple is a devotional community and a living altar to Goddess in all of Her emanations. Through ritual, myth, magick, and sacred inspiration, we offer sanctuary for those seeking transformation through the Divine Feminine.
Our Patreon Page is a way to support MotherHouse Goddess Temple monthly and join our Goddess circles