As I was preparing a post this morning about steps to take for acts of Self Love, I was interrupted. My writing about breathing techniques that included effects of the kundalini was halted by a voice saying (kind of like a standup comedian): “So that is when my kundalini choked my throat chakra and I couldn’t breathe!”. This comment was followed by full-bellied feminine laughter.
Since I am used to contributions from the Spirit Realm, I was not as surprised by the voice as I was by the content.
A few more jokes came through, all accompanied by that delicious laughter. Was I taking myself too seriously? Apparently. Was there another message? Definitely.
And then it came to me.
The Goddess UZUME. It was HER.
Gorgeous, full-bodied of figure and in laughter, Jiggling Joyful Jokester, Shinto Shaman, Bawdy Babe of Bliss, Goddess of Laughter, and Transformer! Uzume intervened when the Japanese Goddess of the Sun hid in a cave and would not come out and shine her light on the Earth. The Gods pleaded with Amaterasu to return – the Earth was dying without her light. Uzume flipped a barrel, jumped on top and began a jiggling, bawdy dance that sent all the Gods into roars of laughter. Amaterasu emerged from the cave to see what the laughter was all about and so returned the light of the Sun to the Earth. Uzume and laughter saved the day.
She was SO Right! What better act of Self Love than Laughter??? My previous Steps to Self Love are now …
5 Reasons to Laugh Our Way to Self Love
- Laughter burns calories, jiggles your organs around and exercises the diaphragm and abdomen. (laugh your way to a flat tummy?? I am in!)
- Laughter reduces stress hormones – “Laughter reduces the level of stress hormones like cortisol, epinephrine (adrenaline), dopamine and growth hormone. It also increases the level of health-enhancing hormones like endorphins, and neurotransmitters. Laughter increases the number of antibody-producing cells and enhances the effectiveness of T cells. All this means a stronger immune system, as well as fewer physical effects of stress.” Stress Management Benefits of Laughter
- Laughter floods Oxygen to our bodies – the deep breaths of laughter bring more oxygen into the body and improves circulation all with immune-boosting benefits.
- Laughter therapy and Laughter Yoga have been shown to reduce glucose levels and assist diabetics in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Laughter reduces hypertension – elevated blood pressure can be brought down with more laughter – need more reasons to laugh?
The average person laughs 17 times a day – we can at least double that! Positivity, clarity, health benefits and feelings of well-being – Laughter truly is the best medicine and a good dose of Self Love as well!
All Hail the Goddess Uzume – next time we might have to dance along with her!
The Goddess Uzumu – 5 Reasons to Laugh Our Way to Self Love made Her debut on my personal site – Shakti Womyn.
MotherHouse of the Goddess and MotherHouse Goddess Temple are honored to serve Goddess in all of Her aspects and provide community for devotees worldwide. Bringing Goddess to our world has never been more important. Thank you for being here and you are invited to join our free Goddess Temple events!
MotherHouse Goddess Temple is a devotional community and a living altar to Goddess in all of Her emanations. Through ritual, myth, magick, and sacred inspiration, we offer sanctuary for those seeking transformation through the Divine Feminine.
Our Patreon Page is a way to support MotherHouse Goddess Temple monthly and join our Goddess circles